While Scrooge rubbed his fingerless-gloved hands at the idea of Toys“R”Us Canada initiating bankruptcy proceedings earlier this year, the financially embattled toy giant recently channeled its inner Santa to drop the most anticipated toy list of the year.
“As Canada’s toy authority, we’re on a mission to help kids of all ages play more,” says Clint Gaudry, Toys”R”Us Canada’s Vice President, Marketing and Store Planning. “Our stores from coast to coast are filled with this year’s most sought-after toys – many that simply cannot be found anywhere else.”
The list features the hottest toys kids can’t wait to get their hands on, including exclusives such as furReal Roarin Ivory, the playful tiger and the new Hatchimals Surprise Puppadee. Each toy on the list corresponds to Toys”R”Us Canada’s Top Toy Trends: pet tech, DIY play, S.T.E.M and more.
Toys”R”Us Canada’s Hot Toy List
- Paw Patrol Sea Patroller Transforming Vehicle
- Imaginarium Express Power Rails Gold Mountain Train Set
- LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox
- Hatchimals Surprise Puppadee from Spin Master™
- L.O.L. Surprise! Big Surprise
- Fingerlings™ Baby Unicorn Gigi
- Nintendo Switch
- Nerf Modulus Regulator
- Baby So Sweet by You & Me – 16″ Nursery Doll
- furReal Roarin Ivory & furReal Roarin Tyler
- Star Wars The Last Jedi Choose Your Path Bladebuilders Path of the Force Lightsaber
- Barbie Pink Passport Cruise Ship
The company’s 82 stores across Canada, as well as its e-commerce sites continue to operate as usual during its restructuring process under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.